Monday, October 24, 2011

My work area - this is where all the painting happens

Here is a photo of my painting area. The main shelf which holds all my paints is a CD stand, which is on its side, and I removed all the plastic CD shelves. It was purchased for $5 from an Opp-Shop.


Here you can see my nice industrial lamp. It is a heavy thing, but I absolutely love it. It has a "daylight" fluro tube in it, and produces lots of light. I aquired it from my work, when they were having an office clean-out. It is amasing what people will discard.

I like to keep my paints on their sides, for a couple of reasons. Firstly I can see exactly what colour is inside the bottle, and secondly I feel that the paint is easier to shake back together after it seperates.

Some cheap plastic drawers that I use to hold various bits-and-pieces, like dental picks, sand paper, pens, bottle caps etc.

This is the "holding area" for unfinished minis. I really need to get back to some of those minis, they have been there for too long.

3 comments:

  1. George! what a work space...color me jealous! and it looks so well organized...mine is a bloody mess.

    BTW why didn't I know you had a blog? I'm glad I stumbled across it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chris, I am glad that you joined my Blog. The reason you didn't know about this blog, is because it is new. I basically set it up over the weekend. Your my first REAL follower.:)

    As regards to my work space. I cleaned it up for it's photo shoot. Usually it is a little messier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work space, George - wish I could have this much space for my nerd-ism. And nice tip about the paint bottles. I might steal that. Hate having to pick must of them up to find the colour I need.

    Will be looking forward following this.

    Keep up the good work.

    Cheers,
    Carsten

    ReplyDelete