Monday, September 12, 2011

Inspiration - New & Old - 1

About a week ago, I came across some images from the 80s, which brought back some very fond memories. They reminded me, why I first got into this hobby (the hobby of collecting and painting "toy soldiers") so many years ago. I remember being fascinated by images of fantasy based creatures, whimsical creations and architecture as well as the mighty knights and warriors, all that really good stuff that makes up a wonderful and imaginative world, where almost anything can happen.

I was so inspired by these images (back in the 80s) that I wanted to re-create this rich and wonderful world with little lead men, pieces of cardboard, piant, glue, rocks, sand and sawdust. So my journey into collecting wargaming miniatures began.

So I am going to start a series of posts within my blog of various images, photos, articles, advertisements and magazine articles of things that inspired me, in my early years and things that still inspire me now.

I am going to start by showing this image. It is the box art to the firt version of the Talisman board game. I never owned this game, but the box art was certainly very inspirational. I would love to get a large poster of this image.

No comments:

Post a Comment