Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Space Marine Colour Scheme

I remeber buying my first box of Space Marines, back in the early 1990s. It was a box of plastic Rogue Trader marines. I painted them blue, and then green ... and then brown. That was the extent of it. I never really returned to 40K, except purchasing a few Imperial Guard to paint. I realised I am more of Fantasy fan than a 40K fan.

About a year ago, I purchased a box of 2nd hand Space Marines, and I had intentions of painting them up into the "United Nations" colours. I tried a few test models, but I wasn't entirely satisfied. Which was more of an issue with my painting skill, rather than my colour scheme. So, instead  I looked for a different colour scheme, and I think I have found something I like. Here are a few samples of what I want to do.








Here is the original colour scheme for th "United Nations" Marines.




No comments:

Post a Comment