Sunday, May 19, 2013

My Ork skin formula

I am sharing my ork skn paint formula. I personally don't like bright green skin on my orks or orcs, so I try and paint them a little darker and a little less green. How do I make green, less green. It's sile, I mix in some brown.





Painting the Ork skin


1. Undercoat black.
2. Mix Flat Earth (VMC)  and Scorpion Green (GW), at about a 4:1 ratio, and paint 2-3 thin layers.
3. Mix some Filthy Brown (VMC) into the above mix, and paint the raised areas if the Ork skin, like the muscles in the arms.
4. Add a small amount of White to the mix, and lightly over-brush the skin.
5. Apply a few wash layers of Devlan Mud and Badab Black, to the skin area.
6. Finally lightly drybrush some Foundation Knarloc Green (GW) over the skin, and your done.


1 comment: